Chances are you won't be an overnight sensation, but YouTube has the potential to earn you a nice chuck of change in a number of ways. In addition to earning money via ad revenue, you can also build an income with product sales, consulting, and sponsorship deals, all built on your successful YouTube presence.
Take a look at below infographic from YouTube downloader tool YTD to learn how to make money on YouTube in 5 simple steps.
1. Create you account and enable monetization.
2. Sign Up for Google Adsense.
3. Use YouTube Keyword suggestion tool to find phrases and ideas for your videos.
4. Create original content consistently.
5. Promote your videos on other social media sites (particularly on Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest)
There's more detail in full visual take a look.