Pages

Twitter handing out Applications for new monetization features; Claims to keep a cut of from 3 to 20 percent

Twitter has been working on its new monetization feature, 'Ticketed Spaces' and Super Follows for a while now and has finally started rolling out applications to sign up as its first few users. The applications are only available to those living in the US currently.

Both the features aim primarily to induce a great income for those who create content. The eligibility criteria for both spots were rolled out a while back. For Ticketed Spaces, users with a minimum age of 18-years and a follower base of 1000 followers can apply with the condition that they should've hosted 3 Spaces in the last 30 days. The revenue generated with the help of this feature is of substantial worth, with a charging capacity of $2.99, $4.99, and $9.99 a month.

To be eligible for Super Follows, users should be of 18 years, have at least 1000 followers, and should've tweeted a minimum of 25 tweets in the last 30 days. The outcome of the monetization service is wholesome with the ability to earn anywhere from $1 to $999 every month. To check if you're eligible for both of these services, open up the sidebar and scan for the updated monetization feature. If you're lacking, you will not see anything new.
"You’re welcome to apply for both Ticketed Spaces (iOS and Android) and Super Follows (iOS only). Applications to try these products are separate and are available on mobile at this time. To apply to be part of the test groups, open Twitter and navigate to the sidebar, then tap Monetization to learn more and see if you’re eligible."
Twitter claims to provide creators with 97% of the revenue they'll generate after iOS, as well as Android, have been through with their in-app purchase cut. This leaves Twitter with a 3% cut which it claims will be increased if the user earns a substantial amount of over 50k per month. The cut is said to float anywhere between 3% to 20% according to the user's earning potential.

While 20% might seem like a hefty sum to many, it is still lower than most platforms that charge a processing fee exclusive of their cuts. Platforms like Amazon and its subsidiaries charge users up to 50% while on the other hand, services similar to the new monetization services like Patreon, charge only a 5% cut which is significantly lower than the 20% that Twitter would deduct.

Another huge platform, Facebook, introduced a subscription service a few years back, in 2018, which notably did not have any share exclusive to Facebook which raises a questionable eye on the intentions of its competitor platform Twitter.

Although Twitter does claim to take away a huge cut, the platform estimates users to make an even higher revenue seeing it will raise its cut only after the 50K mark has been crossed. To conclude, it is a great initiative and we look forward to welcoming more monetization opportunities with a significantly lower cut this time.


Read next: The World's Richest Celebrities And Influencers are Making a Fortune From Paid Twitter Ads

No comments:

Post a Comment