"Criminals around the globe are getting ever more tech-savvy and there are now countless ways you can get stung online.
Be alert - here are just a few online scams you should be aware about."
3 Most Popular Types Email Scams:
- You receive an email from "official" representing a foreign agency asking for your help to transfer millions of dollars out of the country.
- You're promised a cut if you help, but first you must send your account details and some funds to cover various fees.
- You send your details and never see the promised return. Victims are often extorted for more money or have their identity stolen.
How to avoid these email scams?
- Don't reply to the email.
- Don't click on any link or open any attachments.
- Report the scam to either local FBI office or internet crime complaint center.
Read more in below infographic.
image credit: bigstockphoto.com / infographic courtesy of Whoishostingthis.