As consumers prepare to pony up an estimated $650 billion during the 2014 holiday season, marketers are investing heavily in the power of social media to make a significant impact on consumer spending.
A survey conducted by Offerpop of more than 120 digital and social media marketers from medium and large-size brands revealed that social media has become a mission critical element for a successful holiday marketing campaign. Brand marketers are developing a strong social media strategy, leveraging user-generated content, and driving social commerce in an effort to drive influence customer purchase decisions.
The results of the survey are featured in the infographic below. Highlights include key facts such as:
• Driving sales and extending brand reach are priority #1 for brands
• Facebook will dominate social spending this holiday season
• Brands are investing more into social this year
• Instagram is the breakout social network of 2014
• Marketers are not in a rush to invest in the next untested markets