Tuesday, December 24, 2013
13 Fascinating Social Media Statistics From 2013 [INFOGRAPHIC]
Irfan Ahmad Digital Information World Author Tuesday, December 24, 2013 info-graphics , marketing , Social-Media
With the multitude of social media channels available and the growing need to create content at scale to fuel these networks, it's important to have actionable data to help better focus your social media marketing efforts. Take these 13 must-know social media statistics in the infographic by Sparefoot about SlideShare, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Vine, LinkedIn and Googleplus into mind when formulating your marketing strategy for 2014.
|Social Media: 13 Must-Know Statistics from 2013|
- 3 out of 10 visitor from social media is from SlideShare.net and LinkedIn acquired SlideShare for $119,000,000.
- SnapChat declined acquisition offers of up to 4 Billion from both Google and Facebook.
- There are more than 35 Million #Selfies posted to Instagram. Pinterest most followed board is L.L Bean's Woodland Creatures with 4,689,706 followers.
- Pinterest shares 41 percent of total traffic referred to eCommerce sites, yet only 10 percent of brands have a major marketing focus on Pinterest.
- Infographis are "liked"4 times more than presentations and 23 times more than documents on SlideShare.
- There are more than 231,700,000 monthly active Twitter users who spend an average of 170 minutes each month on the network.
- Only about half are tweeting while other are only reading tweets.
- A branded Vine video is 4 time more likely to be seen than a regular branded video.
- 95 percent of Facebook users log into their accounts daily, of all of the minutes spent of the internet 15.8 percent are spent on Facebook.
- Of LinkedIn's 259 million users, almost 40% pay for LinkedIn Premium.
- Google+ adds 25,000 new users every day, on average, that is 8 new users every second.