Nov 23, 2013
Are Foundations Using Social Media Strategically [INFOGRAPHIC]
Posted by Irfan Ahmad Digital Information World Author Pakistan author profile Saturday, November 23, 2013 info-graphics , Social-Media
Do you consider that social media has the power to spread solutions and transform the way you engage with your communities. The Foundation Center heard from 1,153 of the largest philanthropy foundations across the U.S. about their social media usage. According to their survey 45 percent of foundations use social media in which 65% of foundations use Facebook, 40% Twitter and 32% YouTube. TFC designed an infographic that compiles the survey’s data on foundation social media use. See this infographic to know - Are foundations using social media strategically? How connected are foundations on social media? Is the social media worth the effort for your foundation? Who's managing social media at foundations? And how to jump start your foundation's social media?
|Infographic: What’s Trending With Foundations and Social Media|
5 tips to jump start your foundation's social media
- Follow your grantees and other foundations. Show your support and appreciation for the work of others.
- Cross-promote your social media presence on your website, and make sure your website is listed on each of your social media properties.
- Don't just talk at your followers, talk with them. Social media is about being "social" and is meant to be conversational. Engaging with other on social media is a great way to encorage your community to share your foundation's work and the work of your grantees.
- Ask thoughtful questions. Social media is an opportunity to gather important feedback and better understand the needs of your community.
- Be transparent. Share stories from your foundation and your grantees. Tell people about your impact.