Nov 14, 2013
The Growth Of Visual Web And Future Of Marketing [2 infographics]
Posted by Irfan Ahmad Digital Information World Author Pakistan author profile Thursday, November 14, 2013 info-graphics , onlinemarketing , Social-Media
The internet is constantly changing and evolving alongside human demand and technological growth. From first public availability in 1994 to now, we've seen a major transformation from text based to graphic based design... and it looks like the visual web trend is here to stay for a long time. Check out below 2 infographic to know how visually oriented content is exploded in past few years, what is the future of marketing why you need to incorporate visual in your marketing strategy.
|by the On team|
The dawn of the visual web trend - infographic highlights
Flickr storyFlickr is a competing photo sharing service, established in 2002 and purchased by Yahoo in 2005 and the site has 8 billion photos hosted in may 2013.
Explosion of the visual web
- As of July 2012, 27,223,000 PC users spend 1.3 billion minutes browsing over the last year.
- 14,316,000 mobile web users spend 1.2 million minutes browsing over the last year.
- 4,946,000 mobile app users spent more than 720 million minutes browsing over the last year.
- Largest month-over-month increase in both audience and time spent on any social media, across all platforms.
Pinterest GrwothPinterest a virtual "dreamboard" debuted in may 2011 has grown exponentially with 4,224% increase in time mobile web users spent on the site, 6,056% increase in time mobile app users spent with the app and 1,047% increase in the number of unique visitors.
Rise of the selfiesInstagram a photo sharing app and website founded in 2010 Facebook purchased the app in 2012 and video sharing added in 2013. More than 130 million active users, 1 Billion likes every day and more than 16 Billion photos hosted through the service.
Why does the visual web work
- Users are no longer tied to desktops and laptop.
- Websites with strong imagery area easier to digest than text heavy pages.
- As of April 2012 55% of American adult cell phone owners use their devices to go online.
- And as of may 2013, 56% of adults in America own smartphones.
The future of the visual web
- Imgur launched by reddit users as a image file hosting site that was Reddit friendly. This site gets 100 million unique visitors per month, 27 Million more than Reddit.
- Imgur supports 1.2 billion image views per day, hosting images for social sharing on networks like Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.
- One of the top 30 most trafficked websites in the U.S alongside IMDb, Apple.com, Yelp, Netflix and AOL according to alexa.
Users are creating their own Images and content, more than 100,000 memes on Imgur per month or about 4,000 per day using the Meme Generator.
Why you need to incorporate visual in your marketing plans and what is the future of marketing check out this infographic:
In just over two years 2010 to 2012 the consumption for visual/infographics increased by 800 percent, websites who use infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those who don't.
As visual search is likely to be widely implemented, it no secrete that the visual web is here to stay and will rule the next web.
Are you leveraging the power of visual content in your digital marketing strategies?
image credit: earthincolors