Aug 16, 2013
30 Ways Google Glass Can Be Used In Education
Posted by Irfan Ahmad Digital Information World Author Pakistan author profile Friday, August 16, 2013 info-graphics , Technology
The future is now. With Google Glass, teachers and students alike can display information in a smartphone-like hands-free format, while interacting with the internet via natural language voice commands .With limitless possibilities at its virtual fingertips, the education community can build closer working relationships with students, and allow children to get more involved with their learning experience. Here we take a look at infographic - how Google Glass might be used in education.
image taken from: Google.com/glass/start/what-it-does
- Create first-person video guides for a collective class experience in real time.
- Document and keep sharable records of lessons that require demonstration and hands-on experience functionality.
- Use the augmented reality feature of Google Glass on class trips/excursions or historic tours to display facts or figures about relevant buildings or landmarks instantly.
- Capture science in everyday life via photos, videos, audio and images and share with the class.
- Remote teaching and one-on-one tutor sessions.
- Learn new languages using the Google Translator App/Real-time language Translation.
- Create timetables/schedules for teachers, lectures and students.
- Create mini-documentaries to enhance storytelling in the classroom.
- Facial recognition to help teachers identify their students.
- Teachers evaluations become less intimidating by removing the observer from the physical classroom.
- Connect with other educators from different parts of the world via Google Hangout.
- Create a "Teacher's View" online to watch a colleague's lesson and offer suggestions in real time that appear in the teacher's eye-line.
- Transfer videos and images to student's tablets/devices for show and tell.
- Display more detailed information on student's academic positioning, allowing teachers to tailor lessons to student's strengths and weaknesses, making lessons more.
- Real-time searching for cross referencing for essays, presentations and reports.
- Provide accessibility for teachers and students with visual, auditory and physical handicaps.
- Have a specialist or behavioral expert observe children for signs of a learning disability as they work in their classroom with their teacher.
- Students and teachers who wear glasses can now enjoy easier and more accurate eye examinations in real time.
- Augmented Reality Feedback System - a HUD that let teachers know when their students are falling behind.
- Students can now use Google Now for personalized search and retrieval on cards that are tailored to their personal learning needs (based on repeated use).
- Interactive, augmented, reality problem solving games inside the classroom.
- Record role-plays of public speaking exercises in class without the "observer effect".
- Teacher can create real time connections with home-schooled and remote students taking education beyond the classroom.
- Record lessons from the teacher perspective and edit together with views from the student perspective as a tool for revision and reflection.
- Research and study teams could stay visually connected, despite splitting up into lab, library and field teams.
- Send messages quickly that contain important information to students' parents such as test scores and report cards.
- Interact with instructors and peers in a classroom setting via online.
- YouTube education for distance learning.
- Students who are reluctant to ask aloud in lectures can send questions via text SMS to Google Glass.
- Group tutorial sessions like Google Hangouts with teachers to clarify any points or questions that may have been missed or coordinate with teachers on homework.
Google Glass brings an innumerable amount of positive additions to classroom technology capabilities. Students and teacher alike will benefit from a more involved and interactive classroom experience.
Infographic by: Google Glass (Technology) Might Be Used In Education