Digital Marketing is like an open-book test in high school…The answers are all there, you just need to know where to look.
Every decision your business faces – choosing between a red or green purchase button or redesigning your website – has been encountered by hundreds of marketers before you.
Many have failed. Some have achieved massive success.
Here’s why blogs like Hubspot, SearchEngineLand, Moz, Kissmetrics, CopyBlogger, and more live in their own parallel universe of success.
11 Laws for the Best Blog Design
- Background color doesn’t matter, because after reading this you’re going to choose white (#fff) like 93% of top blogs.
- Make social share buttons readily available. 90% of the best blogs use social sharing buttons on every post. Most either offered multiple options or had fixed position social buttons (the buttons scroll with you).
- 2/3rds use social validation to encourage social sharing:
- Assuming industry-standard conversion rates on exit pop-ups, the 35% of top blogs using exit pop-ups are building massive email lists:
- We were able to trigger Slide-In CTA’s on 18% of blogs.