Writing guest posts is a great way to promote your own work but there are a few steps you need to follow to get the most out of guest posting. Allowing guest posts on your own blog or website also has great benefits. You have to make sure you get these benefits of guest blogging otherwise you are just wasting your time.
- 5 x more traffic for blog postings daily
- 97% more links to your website
- A 30% increase in blog traffic after 24 – 51 submitted guest blogs
- 47% of buyers view 3-5 pieces of content before engaging
If you are new to guest posts, be aware of these 3 guidelines to write a good guest post:
- Only link to reputable sources
- Minimum of 1000 – 2000 words
- No spammy articles. Use Google to be sure
Look for these 5 important features before accepting guest posts:
- Look at the author’s track record
- Make sure the content is detailed, structured and formatted correctly
- The article must adhere to the standards of your blog
- Have the same style and aligning of your current blog posts
- You are able to retain rights to the article
Use these 5 content quality requirements to measure the work done by the author:
- Providing 3 - 4 trustworthy links to reputable sources
- 1 or 2 links in the author’s bio
- Article must be 100% original
- No grammar errors
- Formatting is done according to the rules of your blog
You can accept good writers to guest post on your blog and benefit both yourself and the writer. Work with writers who understand the vision around your blog and are willing to add value to it. You do not need to accept every proposal and especially not ones that aren’t of good quality. There are a lot of good writers out there so it’s worth giving it a shot.
Judy Allison is a content manager and a designer at Infographicdesignservices. She is very creative and active. Judy finds her inspiration in yoga and meditation. Her life motto “We live to enjoy our life and never regret”.