Have you ever thought, “What is the importance of one second?” Doesn’t seem that important, right? You blink your eye and poof!! It’s gone. That’s true normally, but when it comes to the World Wide Web, one second is extremely crucial as a lot of crazy data flows through it in the blink of an eye.
If the servers of Amazon, Flipkart or any other e-commerce giant stay down even for a second, it results in a loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Don’t believe it, here is a fact that’ll blow your mind. In 2014, Amazon’s site was down for a mere 49 minutes and the company lost $4.8 million. Crazy, right?
So, now allow us to explain you the value of a second on Internet. Here are some crazy facts that will make you look at the tiniest measure of time in a new light:
• Amazon and eBay get approximately $3400 and $680 worth of transactions within a second. Also, Amazon ships around 35 items in a second
• 2,488,887 e-mails get sent within a second on the internet
• 22 new WordPress posts are made
• 1160 Tumblr posts are made
• 54,319 Google searches are made by people across the globe in a second
• 122,373 videos are viewed on YouTube
• 2121 Skype Calls are made
• 23 Uber rides are booked
• 486,111 WhatsApp messages are sent
• 6 new Facebook profiles are created per second
• 469,445 likes are made on Facebook per second
• Twitterati makes about 7203 tweets per second
• 4745 people share their dog/cat filtered snaps on snapchat in a second
• 721 people Instagram their food in a second
• 28,935 people like other people’s food on Instagram within a second
This is what a second feels like on internet. Never felt like such a small amount of time can be so big in terms of data flow on the web, right? Well, the more you know the better. A second might seem like a blink of an eye, but a lot happens in a second.
To know more about the importance of one second, check out this amazing infographic developed by Unboxing Deals below and share it with your friends.