The folks at Gryffin and TollFreeForwarding have designed a nifty infographic that illustrates some tips and techniques for earning a higher ranking for your videos on YouTube.
Here are a few of them:
• Always use relevant keywords in your video description, title and tags.
• In addition to keywords, aim to make your description at least 100-300 words!
• Playlists can rank for keywords alongside videos. Make a new playlist for every 10 videos uploaded.
• Include calls to action in every video (e.g ask your viewers to rate your video or leave a comment).
• Know where you should funnel traffic from: Google+, LinkedIn and Quora all drive high quality, high retention traffic for tutorial videos.
There's more in full visual, take a look.