Aug 3, 2016
Top 6 Tips To Integrate Social Media Into Your Website
Posted by Web Desk Digital Information World Author Pakistan author profile Wednesday, August 03, 2016 Social-Media , webdesign , websiteoptimization
That's why you should ensure that your website and social channels are perfectly blended and offer a seamless experience to your target audience. This is the single most effective strategy to building a strong online presence. Here are 6 tips to help you integrate social media into your website and capitalize on the marketing potential of your channels.
1. Create custom social media buttonsIt's essential to add links to your social media profiles on your website – that's how users can quickly navigate to their favorite network and like your page, contact you, find out more about your business or simply share your content.
The trick is to avoid incorporating standard Facebook, Twitter or YouTube logos and placing them in an accidental corner of your website. What you should do is customize these buttons to reflect your brand. Use your color scheme and place social media buttons right next to the product image. They'll be slightly faded and won't distract users from the product itself.
Having such custom social buttons is a great idea – and you can find some unique styles available for free on Google search.
2. Include social loginAs many as 73% of users prefer to log in with social login instead of registering with their email. If you want to improve user experience on your website, include social login and you're bound to increase the number of registration conversions and their retention.
It's quite simple – with social login, you're making it much easier to register and users are more likely to complete the entire process. Naturally, it's worth to gain as many followers as possible – gather their data and analyze it to ensure that your marketing campaigns are well-targeted and get you closer to your critical goals.
3. Feature Instagram photosIf you've got lots of great visuals posted on Instagram, why not brag a little and share them on your website as well? By embedding Instagram photos on your blog, you'll be able to gain new followers from the audience visiting your website. Clicking on the three dots on the bottom right corner of your photo you'll get the embed code for your Instagram image – it couldn't be simpler!
4. Offer social proofIntegrating social proof to your website is an excellent strategy for building trust in your brand. Consumers tend to trust social proof just as they trust social recommendations, so make sure that social widgets are integrated in the right places to boost your sales.
You can use Facebook’s widgets, for instance the “Like Box” in this way. Showing how many people liked your content, you'll present yourself to visitors as a credible source. Also, if they see that their friends liked your page, they're more likely to see you as a legitimate brand and click 'Like it' themselves. It's a win-win situation.
5. Take a close look at terms and conditionsSince the way you use social media on your website reflects your professionalism, you need to be extra careful and make sure that you follow the terms and conditions stated on every platform. Did you know that Google+ can't be used for contest posts? Facebook forbids the use of personal pages in order o promote brands. If you've violated the terms and conditions of a social network in the past, just delete these pages and never link to them again.
6. Design your website to be socialDesign your website to add more value to social media user experience. Remember to place social icons on every page and in the same location. Sometimes it makes sense to include a social feed throughout your website, other times it is more beneficial to create one separate page and devote it to social media by pulling content from different channels.
How you integrate social media on your website depends on your critical website objectives and on the significance of social to your general marketing strategy. Use these tips to create a seamless experience that accurately reflects your brand in every online space.
Marleen Anderson is a self-proclaimed technology addict working at Saxons – IT support specialists. Marleen is also interested in social media and how their development impacts growth of business and companies all around the world.