Oct 9, 2013
How to Begin a Career in Animation and Multimedia
Posted by Irfan Ahmad Digital Information World Author Pakistan author profile Wednesday, October 09, 2013
Career in animationAnimation professionals are required to address the complexity of multimedia production in projective aspects of design in various industries. As an animator, you will get the opportunities to work in design and communication departments, audiovisual content production for television and film, as well as an independent professional in both local and international markets. To serve this multibillionaire industry, you need to choose the right path, and this can be achieved by:
1. Getting the right information
- It is important for the individuals to identify their interests and skills. Ask yourself that if you are interested in developing your artistic skills or technical skills, and which is more satisfying for you?
- Conduct an extensive research on institutes offering animation and multimedia courses, the curriculum and the job placement assistance offered by the institutes.
- Make a list of animation jobs available in the industry, and also the skills required for such jobs. Find jobs that best match your skills, profile and interest.
2. Required SkillsCompetition rules the job market, so it is the skill set of an individual that draws a line of differentiation between an average artist and a good artist. Make sure that you have those skills, which are required to give a competitive edge to others, some of those skills are:
- Innovative ideas and quality work
- Good observation skills
- Creative hand
- Technical knowledge
- Problem-solving abilities
- Good communication skills
- Leadership and ownership qualities
3. Identifying your field of interestAnimation has offered numerous job opportunities for the individuals and has served as an integral part of many industries, hence, it becomes very important to identify your area of interest so that you can excel in your field. According to your skills and interest, some of these avenues are:
- Animation and Visual Effects
- 3D Visualization
- Animated e-learning
- Online animated content for websites
- Games for Mobiles, Consoles and computers
MultimediaEverywhere multimedia is gaining ground in the market and in our daily lives. In addition, with the increase in outsourcing works, it can work for leading international companies from almost anywhere.
The demand for multimedia specialists is increasingDemanded skills include knowledge of graphic design, digital video, web design, animation, video and interactive multimedia. So if multimedia is a good choice for you, but where should you start? Get enrolled to multimedia courses where you can get to learn the latest multimedia technologies, learn from instructors and gain practical experience in this domain.
Job prospectsThe animation and multimedia professionals can choose from their areas of interest, which include production work in television and cinema, broadcast journalism, medical industry, script writing, graphics design, 3D modeling and digital media.
Author Bio: This Guest Post is written by Rashmi Karan, she is a professional writer who especially loves to write about the latest job industry trends on variety of job related websites and offers solution to all career related queries and dilemmas.
image by: animation-school.net