Jul 25, 2013
Top Essential Landing Page Features
Posted by Irfan Ahmad Digital Information World Author Pakistan author profile Thursday, July 25, 2013
Your landing page is where your customer should end up after following an email link, online advert, promotional link URL or a search result link. It's your first chance to convince and motivate users into following the purchasing process.
Avoid The Following
- Using the homepage as the landing page.
- poorly written, spammy headlines.
- Cheap and tacky looking graphics.
- No 'call to actions' on the landing page
Things You Should DOAlways make sure that you test out elements on your landing page.
- Not having a proper testing plan.
- Failing to set up success criteria.
- Attempting too many tests at once.
- Failing to consistently monitor testing results.
- Taking sides with an opinion.
- Plan thoroughly.
- Identify elements to test.
- Identify target conversion rates.
- Follow traffic.
- Try A/B split or multi variate testing.
- Create test variable.